In 2004, our first ‘Not Your Ordinary Yard Sale’ was organized to help raise funds for the Caring For Children Christmas Gifts Project. The yard sale has been held each spring with generous donations from our members and the community. Though we were delayed by several months this year, we’re still hosting the yard sale in the fall.
2020 ‘Not Your Ordinary’ Yard Sale
DATE: Saturday, September 26, 2020
TIME: 7AM until 3PM
LOCATION: Shepherd of the Hills Church 6562 Amicus Rd, Ruckersville, VA 22968
- From Charlottesville –Take US 29 north to US 33. Turn left (heading west). In 2.1 miles turn left at the light onto Amicus Rd. (St. Rte 633). The church will be on the left in 0.8 miles.
- From Harrisonburg – Take US 33 east towards Ruckersville. Turn right at the light for Amicus Rd. (St. Rte 633). The church will be on the left in 0.8 miles.
- From Northern Virginia – Take US 29 south to US 33. Turn right (heading west). In 2.1 miles turn left at the light onto Amicus Rd. (St. Rte 633). The church will be on the left in 0.8 miles.
- We will be following recent guidelines to keep our volunteers and shoppers safe.
- Masks will be mandatory in the building.
- This will a cooperative effort between the Woman’s Club and Shephard of the Hills. The profits will be shared.
- All purchases are CASH ONLY.
An important note about our 2020 Yard Sale and its impact on the Caring For Children Christmas Gifts Project:
Now in its 16th year, the yard sale provides most of the funds for our Caring For Children Christmas Gifts Project, in addition to generous cash donations during the year. However, we expect a reduction in proceeds from the sale as well as a reduction of cash donations because of the economic impact of Covid-19 in 2020.
The importance of the Christmas Gifts Project cannot be overstated, especially in these times of economic stress for parents.
The Woman’s Club of Greene County welcomes cash donations to support the Caring for Children Christmas Gifts Project. We may not be able continue this program without your generosity.
We thank you.
Please click the button below to contact us about donating to the Caring for Children Christmas Gifts Project.
All Service Projects
Each year since 1978 WCOG has awarded at least two scholarships to graduating female seniors at William Monroe High School. The scholarships are given each year for students seeking higher education in both two and four-year college programs. This project is partially funded by the proceeds from table rentals at our annual Helping Hands Craft Bazaar.
Starting in 2004, “Not Your Ordinary Yard Sale” was organized to help raise funds for the Caring for Children Christmas Gift Project. The yard sale has been held each spring with generous donations from our members and the community.
Stop Hunger in Greene
Stop Hunger in Greene continues our mission to help feed the hungry in Greene County. This is accomplished through various school programs by providing food for children throughout the year. Additionally, we help provide emergency food gift cards for at-risk families.
Every December WCOG partners with Social Services and other established groups to identify children in need during the holidays. WCOG provides wrapped gifts and books to over 400 children in Greene County. Funding for this project is from generous donations by individuals, businesses, and organizations in our community combined with proceeds from our annual Spring yard sale and other fundraisers.
With support from individuals, businesses, and organizations, WCOG is able to participate in other projects during the year which enhance the community and the lives of others through our volunteer service.